Sunday, July 18, 2010

Gears Girl update for the week of Monday, July 19th

Hey Girls.

Another great week of riding! Everyone did great on all three rides this week. The group is really riding well together...I'm thrilled with the focus and direction in which the group is heading. Well done ladies!

We'll do our usual Tuesday and Wesnesday rides this week - 6:30 pm from Gears. Both nights rides will be approximately 2.0 hours in duration. As a reminder - if you do not ride regularly with the group or are a new or slower rider, please ride on Tuesday night; the Wednesday night rides are faster and tighter and are not suitable for those unfamiliar or new to group riding. If you're not sure which night is best for you, drop me a quick note and we can chat.

Saturday, July 24th - Saturday ride

I am planning a ride to celebrate the end of the Tour de France. Plan is to meet at Dundas and Walkers in Burlington at 9am and ride from there. The route will be challenging and hilly - I will vary the terrain and route depending on who is there. Distance will also vary (between 65 and 75 km - but quite a lot of hill climbing) depending on who is there. Please drop me a line as soon as possible to let me know if you will be at this ride so that I can adjust the route accordingly.

Also, let me know if you would like to do a shorter, more relaxed ride from Gears Saturday morning. If there is a group of you interested, I can send out an announcement later this week and a group can head out on their own for a ride.

Hope to see lots of you out this week!

Mel