Monday, September 20, 2010

Gears Girls Update - Week of September 20th

Hi Girls.
 
With the season coming to a close, this will be my last official update for the 2010 Gears Girls season! 
 
TUESDAY/WEDNESDAY NIGHT RIDES:
I had originally announced that September 28th and 29th would be our final week night rides, but with it getting dark at 7:30pm these days (I have been asking around and it seems like it would be difficult for anyone to get to Gears before 6pm),  I think it best that this Wednesday be our final week night ride. So, Tuesday and Wednesday, we'll leave from Gears at 6:15pm and ride until 7:30pm or 7:40pm. If you have lights, please bring them!
 
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 26th:
Our final "official" weekend ride will be this Sunday - September 26th at 9am. Due to poplular demand, I think we'll start the ride at River Oaks Community Centre in Oakville and will ride to Moffat for tarts. We'll come back through Campbellville to add on a bit of extra distance or will ride down to Carlisle and then back. Total distance will be about 90kms. I'll send additional details out about the Sunday ride later this week.
 
SUNDAY RIDES IN OCTOBER, NOVEMBER, DECEMBER:
If anyone is interested in riding Sundays in the upcoming months, let me know and I'll compile a list.
 
END OF SEASON GET TOGETHER:
Also...I would like to do an end of season get together. If we don't ride next week, would people be able to do something Wednesday evening (September 29th) around 7:30pm? I'm thinking Snug Harbour as it's central for most people. Dinner and/or drinks. Let me know if you're interested by the end of this week so that I can make a reservation.
 
Hope to see you out there!
 
Mel
 
PS - Check out the Gears Girls picture in the Mississauga News from this weekends Tour de Mississauga: http://www.mississauga.com/community/article/875503--cycling-tour-hits-city
 
http://gearsgirls.blogspot.com/