Sunday, August 15, 2010

Gears Girls Update for the Week of Monday, August 16th

Hi Girls.
 
Great rides this week! I can't believe the improvement in both pace and ability that I've seen over the summer from all the groups. We did 85kms on Saturday at an average pace just over 26km/hr - awesome work to all those who came out! Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday rides have all been social, fun and above all safe. Once again, well done everyone!
 
TUESDAY, AUGUST 17TH AND WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 18TH RIDES:
Tuesday and Wednesday rides will all leave from Gears at 6:30pm both nights. If you have lights, start bringing them as it's getting dark earlier these days. I suspect we'll have to move the start time to 6:15pm soon, but I'll keep you posted re any changes.
 
SATURDAY, AUGUST 21ST:
I'll be out of town on August 21st and I haven't yet been able to find a ride leader for Saturday's ride as many people in the group are also away next weekend. If you are planning on riding Saturday, August 21st please let me know. I don't want to cancel the ride altogether but if there's a group interested in riding I can make an announcement re meeting at Gears for a more casual ride.
 
WEEKNIGHT RIDES STARTING IN SEPTEMBER:
Based on everyone's responses, our final Tuesday night ride will be on Tuesday, August 31st. After that date, we will only be riding Wednesday nights. Rides will leave from Gears at either 6pm or 6:15pm - time to be determined as it gets closer to the date. Wednesday only rides will week of September 6th. 
 
WEEKEND RIDES STARTING IN SEPTEMBER:
Last year, turnout to Saturday rides past Labour Day was very low so I initially said that weekend rides would commence around that time. But, based on this years turnout to date, I think we'll be more successful on weekends. Please let me know if you would like to continue to ride regularly in September/October. Please also let me know if you are able/prefer to ride on Sundays rather than Saturdays - this is just an option I'm considering and will decide based on numbers.
 
Let me know if you have any questions or what your preferences are re the above.
 
See you all on the road!
 
Mel

http://gearsgirls.blogspot.com/