Monday, August 23, 2010

Gears Girls Update for the Week of August 23rd

Hi Girls.
 
Hope you all had a great weekend. I heard the ride on Saturday went well - I'm glad you all survived without me :)
 
This week will mark the end of our Tuesday night rides! Tomorrow (August 24th) will be our final Tuesday night ride. Starting next week, we will only be riding on Wednesday evenings. Wednesday night rides will remain the same pace (the faster of the two nights) as they have been throughout the summer; Tuesday night riders who have been coming out regularly throughout the summer should not have a problem keeping up with the group. Please drop me a quick line and let me know if you will be joining us on Wednesday nights.
 
Saturday, August 28th:
 
I had originally announced that we would be riding from Terra Cotta on Saturday, August 28th. It appears that many people will be out-of-town or unable to ride next weekend, so I think we will postpone the Terra Cotta ride to September. The Saturday ride will now start and end at Gears but we'll still do a 75km to 85km ride. The route will follow the Bike 4 Betty route (which takes us out to the Escarpment) so will offer some good hills and challenges along the way. Please let me know if you'll be riding on Saturday or if you have questions about the route.
 
End of season rides:
 
The final Wednesday night ride will be on Wednesday, September 29th. The final weekend ride will be on Sunday, September 26th (there will be no Saturday ride on the 25th).
 
Let me know if you have any questions!
 
See you all soon!
 
Mel


http://gearsgirls.blogspot.com/