Monday, June 28, 2010

Gears Girls Update for the Week of Monday, June 28th

Hi Girls.
 
It was an interesting week weatherwise I must say! As I mentioned in my previous email, I'm sorry I cancelled the Tuesday and Wednesday evening rides as the sun start shining promptly at 6:30pm both nights. Worried that I would strike out a third time, I chose NOT to cancel the Saturday ride even though there were definite signs of rain!
 
11 brave souls showed up to ride on Saturday - much better turnout than I thought given the grey skies and rain drops. Overall the ride was great...one wise group did about 35kms and probably missed the rain; the other did around 85km. The 85km ride ended in pouring rain...but all in all, a great ride. Well, at least until my wee crash - but those that turn out to the rides this week will get to hear all the exciting details! Special thanks to Dai for taking the time to come out in the middle of his shift at Gears to pick me, Lisa and Tania up. Yay to Dai!
 
Here's what's happening this week:
 
Tuesday, June 29th - Beginner's/Recovery Ride
 
All are welcome! Starts at 6:30pm from Gears. Ride will be approximately 1.5 hours in duration. 
 
Wednesday, June 30th - Brisk pace Ride
 
Starts at 6:30pm from Gears. Ride will be approximately 2.0 hours in duration.
 
Saturday, July 3rd - Multiple pace groups
 
I had originally said there would be NO ride on Saturdays of long weekends but a couple of you have asked about riding this weekend. As there seems to be some amount of interest in riding on Saturday, I think we'll go ahead and do a ride this Saturday. Ride will start at 9am from Gears - same route/distance options as this Saturday with furthest distance being approximately 85kms. Perhaps drop me a quick line to let me know if you plan on riding this Saturday!
 
Looking forward to seeing all of you throughout the week!
 
Mel
 
 
http://gearsgirls.blogspot.com/






Look 'em in the eye: FREE Messenger video chat Chat Now!