Friday, June 25, 2010

Gears Girls Saturday Ride - weather update

Hi Girls.
 
First off, I want to apologize for cancelling both the Tuesday and Wednesday rides this week. Same issue both nights...weather was terrible, forecast was terrible, I cancel the ride, by 6:30pm it's beautiful and sunny! I must admit I felt a bit foolish both nights and kicked myself for cancelling, but alas, a weather forecaster I am not!
 
Sadly, the weather tomorrow morning is not looking great: http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/city/pages/on-79_metric_e.html but I think once again, we'll play it by ear. I'm pleased to announce that I can now send a group email AND update the blog - regardless of my location (I was just being a lazy Blackberrier and hadn't created a group distribution list - I've done that now so can send an email to everyone without internet access).
 
Weather permitting, we'll ride as usual tomorrow morning from Gears at 9am. My plan was to offer an overall route of 75km with a couple turn around points offering routes of 35kms and 50kms.
 
If we have to cancel the ride, I'll send out an email and update the blog by 7:30am at the latest. Depending on the weather though I may chance it and not cancel the ride - hard to tell what it's doing in Port Credit from Carlisle...where I am on the weekends. If people show up and the weather changes for the worse, we can always go for breakfast and/or coffee! If the weather is lousy where you are, don't feel obligated to ride or show up - do whatever you feel comfortable and safe doing.
 
Hope to see you tomorrow morning!

Mel

http://gearsgirls.blogspot.com/





Look 'em in the eye: FREE Messenger video chat Chat Now!