Monday, March 8, 2010

24 Hour Spin Update - Thanks!

Hey Girls!

Hope you all had a great weekend. The weather was amazing...made me really look forward to the upcoming Gears Girls season! I spent the weekend at the Toronto Bike Show helping out at the Gears booth. I saw a lot of members - so great to see everyone - and I met a ton of potential new members. Spending the weekend talking about bikes - and to women just getting into cycling (or back into cycling) - made me so excited for what's to come this summer!

I also got to participate in my first 24 Hour Spin this weekend. What a cool event! I was on the Gears Girls bike from 9:30pm until midnight. The music and energy was great - the time really flew by. Special thanks go out to Rosemarie Wallace for organizing the Gears Girls bike and for taking care of all the scheduling details. Thanks also go out to Kevin and Ira - co-owners of Gears - for sponsoring the Gears Girls bike. Thanks so much to all three of you...and of course to all the women that participated in the event as part of the Gears Girls team.

Some cool upcoming things to think about:

1) A Gears Girls meet and greet for all current, new or potential members - I'm hoping this will happen mid-April. More details to come soon!

2) A Women's Learn to Race/Ride Skills Camp taking place the weekend of April 24th and 25th, being hosted by the women's team I'm racing with this summer - The Eat Clean Diet Women's Cycling Team. Details aren't yet finalized, but there is some interim information here: http://www.womenscyclingteam.com/. If you're interested, mark down the dates and check back often to the site.

3) Gears Girls casual clothing! I'm hoping to have Gears Girls "apres cycling wear" ready for the season. Hoodies, technical shirts (long sleeve and short sleeve), and possibly jackets. All with Gears Girls inspired logos! My plan is to have samples ready for the April meet and greet. Again, more details to come soon.

Drop me a line if you have any questions or suggestions about Gears Girls. Hopefully, with the good weather fast approaching, you'll all be getting out on the road soon!

Ciao for now!

Mel