Friday, June 19, 2009

Saturday June 20th Gears Girls ride - Cancellation due to weather

Hi Girls.

I've been keeping an eye on the weather tomorrow and it's not looking good at all! 90% chance of rain and thunderstorms tonight and all day tomorrow. So, with that in mind, we've decided to proactively cancel the ride we had planned for tomorrow (Saturday, June 20).

I would although like to invite anyone who is interested to ride with my husband and I on Sunday (June 21st). Same start location (Hornby Field), same time (8:30am) - refer to the gears girls blog posting below (Gears Girls update - Week of June 15th posting) for additional info and direction. This will be an "unofficial" Gears Girls ride, so feel free to invite your spouses, partners, friends, etc. My only request is that they have a road bike in good working order, a spare tube, and a couple bottles of water. Oh, and if you bring your husbands along tell them no whining and that they can't get mad when we whiz past them on the hills :) Other than that, invite away! FYI, I'm not sure if the bakery in Moffat is open on Sundays - just in case I would recommend bringing along a small, cycling friendly snack.

I know people probably have Father's Day plans so we'll aim to be back at the parking lot for 11:30am. Let me know if you'll be joining us on Sunday just so I have an idea as to how many people we should expect. Should be a fun ride!!!

Hope to see a bunch of you on Sunday!

Mel