Friday, May 6, 2011

Sunday in May Gears Girls Rides - important information

Hi Girls.
 
My apologies (I must be the worst daughter in the world) but I completely forget that this Sunday was Mother's Day! As such, the training ride that I had originally announced has been cancelled. My apologies.
 
For the remaining Sundays in May - at this present time - I have been unable to secure ride leaders to assist with the two rides.  As the Sunday in May rides are not part of the "official" Gears Girls ride days, I'm going to have to cancel them...unless of course I am able to come up with committed ride leaders. I will keep everyone posted but at this point please consider the Sunday, May 15th and Sunday, May 22nd rides cancelled. Bike 4 Betty is the last Sunday in May - I encourage all of you to participate and ride whatever distance you feel comfortable riding. Check out the Bike 4 Betty website for details and to register.
 
If you would still like to ride this Sunday (or any day for that matter) and you are looking for women to ride with, I encourage all of you to post a message on the Gears Girls Facebook Group - please include details such as distance, pace, meeting location, type of ride, etc. so that others can gauge accordingly.
 
Thanks for your understanding.
 
Mel
 
Mel Crosby
Gears Girls Women's Road Cycling Group
http://gearsgirls.blogspot.com